We came across a great article from Coastal Living’s idea house called 7 Ways with Coastal Color and had to share it with you! It’s a quick and easy read with pictures; I’ll sum it up for you right here:
1. Set the tone of your home from the beginning at the entry.
2. Authentic touches, distressed or vintage pieces, can give the home a ‘lived in’ feel.
3. Use beach inspired colors and light to give an indoor room an outdoor, al fresco feeling.
4. Don’t match everything, instead create an eclectic palette throughout the home.
5. Every color doesn’t need to be bold–subtle color goes a long way.
6. Make odd-shaped rooms appear bigger by painting all the walls the same color.
7. Blue painted walls can bring the coastal feel into the home.
We love and agree with all of these tips, and will share more about coastal color with you soon!